Thursday, November 3, 2011

Marla

My distant cousin Marla, who so many of you have prayed for, died last week. My mom hesitated to tell me. I must confess, it is difficult to deal with. Marla was diagnosed with esophagus cancer around the time of my own cancer diagnosis. They gave her six months, but she fought bravely for a year and a half. Please pray for her family. She leaves behind a husband, teenage twins, and much extended family. Pray for God's peace and comfort. Pray that God will draw their hearts to Him. Pray that He will fill the void that Marla leaves behind.

When human logic fails to provide understanding, I put my faith in a God who is sovereign, a God who is just, a God who loves beyond measure.

Once more I recognize how very temporary life is, and how important it is to live each day with eternity in mind.

I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
~Ecclesiastes 3:10-11

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
~James 4:14

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Stephanie - praying for Marla's family and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Steph...I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Praying for her family and for you. Loved what you wrote of her fight and the verses.

    ReplyDelete