Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Swimming In Pink

Last Saturday was Race For The Cure. I was overwhelmed by the support I received. I felt so loved.
Seventy people signed up to be on my team.
Many more friends donated money, from all over the country.
Damie's employer, ESI, had a fundraiser that raised $700. In addition, many of his co-workers gave donations and/or raced with us.
As a team, we raised over $1800!
We had a lot of fun! I am touched by everyone who sacrificed. You made a difference in fighting breast cancer and saving lives.



I've been reflecting on the past few months of campaigning for Komen Race for the Cure. It was actually a lot of work. And as much as I would LOVE for there to be a cure, I'm not passionate about fighting cancer. It's not my cause. I don't want cancer to define me, in any way.
I've been thinking, what is my cause? What am I passionate about?
I want to serve God with all my heart.
I want people to know there is hope, no matter the difficulty of their circumstances.
And I'm passionate about helping the poor.
What is your cause? What are you passionate about?
Please comment and tell me. I'd love to know!

3 comments:

  1. Orphan's. Jesus has made my passionate about Orphan's. So proud of you Stephanie! I know that all 70 of those people were honored to walk with you and beside you Saturday. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elicia, your passion for helping Orphans is evidenced by your life! What a beautiful thing! "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting people know that the hurts in life do not define them nor do the hurts in life hold them. god is our Healer and He is the One Who Delivers us. Addiction cannot hold us. Abuse cannot hold us. Rage cannot hold us. Depression cannot hold us. Mental Illness cannot hold us. Death cannot hold us. We belong to Him and He is the One Who Holds us!!!!

    ReplyDelete