Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rock Solid


A few weeks ago I had a dream. In my dream, my bones hurt. I feared the cancer had spread to my bones. I told my husband, and for the first time I saw fear in his eyes. Seeing fear in him was more bothersome than the possibility that the cancer was back. I freaked out. I woke up relieved that it was only a dream. But what I realized is that not one time since I was diagnosed with cancer was there fear in Damie. I certainly had moments of fear. They were brief and not as extensive as I expected. But it was still there. Each time, I would go to him, and he would hold me and pray for me, and the fear disappeared.
Damie has been a rock. A man of great strength and faith. Never wavering.
Today is his birthday, and I want to publicly honor him. I am thankful for him, for his courage, for his faithfulness, for his friendship, for his perseverance, and for his constant love for me.
Happy Birthday sweet husband! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. We love you both!!!!! Such true words... Happy Birthday, Damie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Sweet Sweet gift a faithful husband is! Happy Birthday Damie!

    ReplyDelete