Friday, March 18, 2011

A Moment of Fame


My face on a billboard. Sounds like something you would find on a bucket list. I expected to hate seeing myself that big and that public. I was surprised when I drove around the curve and first saw it. I was gripped with emotion.
"I race for her future"
When they were looking for campaign models, I told them I race for my baby girl; so she won't have to go through what I went through; so she won't have to live in fear.
I think they captured it.

We are also on the cover of the registration brochure:

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Steph, God is using you to reach others!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up the brochure last week when I had my mammogram - you & Ava are gorgeous models...and portray exactly the reason I am religious about my annual mammogram. (Started this before 40 as I have a history of breast cancer in my family). I want to see my son off into his adult life - and enjoy my grandchildren when that time comes. Kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this billboard yesterday and the brochure at the Y. You two look so cute!! Thank you for being such a strong woman of God Steph! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Stephanie! I will be racing with my sister Heather, her 2 girls (10 & 8) and with my daughter (9). We are all so excited and will be racing for you and Eva. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Steph! Thanks for being amazing you!

    ReplyDelete