Sunday, November 28, 2010

Forgotten

Remember me, Lord?
your servant
the one you saved from darkness
the one you rescued from wandering the lifeless desert

Remember me?
your servant
who once found your favor
who knew your mercy and grace
who walked in your truth and your peace

Remember me?
your servant
who set her heart to praise you
who gave you glory
and never took for granted the beauty of your presence

Remember me, Lord?
Remember me?

do not forsake me now
I cannot bear it
Where are you, Lord?
do not hide your face from me
you are the Breath of Life
just one breath, Lord
and I will live

do not withhold your favor
When will you intervene?
When will you come and wipe away my tears?
please come to my rescue
deliver me from the depths
let me know once more the goodness of the Lord

3 comments:

  1. Hi darling daughter! I read your blogs. I am sad that you are depressed – although I probably would be too if I were in your shoes. What can I say? What can I do? I’ll pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a new and nurturing way.

    I hope you know your mother cherishes and loves you. I hope you know I would do anything in my power to relieve you of this trial. I hope you know I’m here for you if you need me. I hope you know my heart breaks when yours does! I hope you know that you are more beautiful and more strong and more faithful than you can even imagine. I love you. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie -- I found this poem to share with you. It is called "ON EAGLE WINGS"

    "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31 - KJV

    As you wait upon this shore
    How your heart does long to soar
    With eagle’s wings you want to fly
    From the pain that makes you cry

    Tired and weary is your soul
    And you pray to be made whole
    So you wait upon the Lord
    Daily reading of His word

    In His time His breath will blow
    The wind beneath your feet will grow
    He will teach you how to fly
    As an eagle soaring high

    Above the clouds you will view
    All that God has walked you through
    Flying close to the Sun
    You will see what He has done

    Pressing on in fearsome flight
    Reaching for His guiding light
    Grace and beauty will cover you
    As others learn to follow you

    Soaring through that darkened sky
    You will see with eagle eye
    He will give you gift of sight
    To see the one who stalks at night

    For now you sit in this place
    As He covers you with grace
    He sees your grief and knows your pain
    For such a time is why He came

    So rest in Him a work He’ll do
    Gifts of grace will be given you
    For the tasks He’s called you to.

    by: Maria Egilsson ~

    (from Sara J)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can Lord forget you his daughter?He love you aw you love your kids.Believe him.You are in his hands.
    sometimes in life we encounter difficulties,you and me.But we'll be okay.
    Keep smiling. we pray for you

    ReplyDelete