Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Call to Pray

To my dear prayer warrior friends,
To those who have prayed fervently for me,
To those who have the ministry of intercession,
To those I don't even know, who have been so faithful to pray,

Thank you! May God reward you greatly. As we have seen, He hears your prayers and answers them!

I'm constantly hearing new stories of people battling cancer. It disturbs me. It breaks my heart. I like to think I'm the only person in the world battling this disease. If only that were so!
I try not to burden you with every story. It's overwhelming.
But today I found out that another dear friend has cancer. That is four of my close friends who have battled cancer this year. All of us in our thirties. All healthy. All with small children. All in the same circle of friends. Different kinds of cancer. How can this be?

Please pray!
1. That the medical community would find the cause and a cure for this terrible disease.
2. For my friend Andrea. We still don't know all of the details, but the prognosis is very good. Pray for healing. Pray for God's grace, and peace, and comfort as she goes through treatment. Pray for her husband and four-year-old son. And pray that God would provide for all of their needs.
3. For Marla, my distant cousin who is fighting for her life against esophagus cancer. She went through a ton of treatment and despite that the cancer has spread. The doctors haven't given her any hope. She needs a miracle! And you know that our God can do miracles! Pray for her family, and extended family. They are very discouraged. Pray that God would reveal himself to all of them; that he would show them His great love. And that they would find their comfort and hope in Him. Also pray that God would send people their way to encourage them and minister to them.

Once again, thank you! The Body of Christ coming together, from all over the world, to pray, in unity....it's a beautiful thing! What a privilege to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment