Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Generous Heart

I've received so many gifts and help from people. I've been wanting to blog about it for a while. It's an overwhelming task, because I have been blessed by so many people, in so many ways. I tried to write it all down once, but after almost two hours, my husband gently reminded me that I have a family to tend to. I will figure out a way to tell you, because it's worth writing about. I pray that God will bless you all abundantly, as you have blessed me!

So today, the sweetest thing happened and I couldn't wait to write about it.
Some dear friends came over after church. They have the sweetest little girl. She's six, and has been close to my heart since I met her about two years ago. During our visit, she came up to me and handed me some money.
Confused, I asked her, "What is this for?"
She said, "To help pay for your medicine."
I was touched.
Knowing her parents don't just give her money, I asked, "Is this money you earned?"
"Yes." she replied. "I earned five dollars and I gave you two."
I was speechless, but knew I had to say something.
I gave her a big hug, then told her, "This will be a huge help! Thank you so much. You have a very generous heart, and God loves a generous heart." Then I gave her another hug.
She smiled at me.
I looked up at her mom, with tears in my eyes, and saw that she had tears in hers too.

1 comment:

  1. Children are so awesome and God uses them in WONDERFUL ways!!!

    ReplyDelete