Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Surgery

I met with the surgeon today. I've chosen to have a bilateral mastectomy (modified radical on the cancer side, simple on the other).
Surgery is scheduled for Monday, September 27th.
I don't have much to say about it. I'm feeling very emotional, but haven't yet processed it all. Mostly, I'm sad.

Things to pray for...
1. No complications
2. Speedy recovery
3. My surgeon, Dr. Wolf - that God would expertly guide his hands.
4. Minimal nerve damage
5. Cancer free results!!
6. God's peace and comfort
7. My family

Thank you friends!

7 comments:

  1. Any prayer, any request.

    xoxo

    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and praying for you, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope all goes well for you, we will be thinking of you and your family.
    love you Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Stephanie.
    I cannot imagine how sad and overwhelmed you must be.
    I will fast and pray for you Monday.
    I am so sorry that you have to go through this.
    I am just so glad you have our Prince of Peace to turn to right now, since the rest of us can't comprehend what you are going through or what you really need.
    Just know that you are on so many hearts, and loved and prayed over by so many.
    You are so beautiful Stephanie, a treasure and an inspiration.
    My God fill you with a peace that can only come from Him.
    And may Jesus hold you tight in His arms.
    He loves you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, you are an inspiration to the testimony of Jesus. Prayers and love to you always, knowing our LORD is working through you and your family and friends. I so appreciate your walk surrender. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings to you, dear Stephanie, and to your family. We will lift up your prayer requests to our Father who is able to do exceedingly above all that we ask or think.

    Much love,

    Don & Paula Wipf

    ReplyDelete
  7. James 5:15 "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up..."
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you for successful surgery and healing. Hugs and kisses, Chicky and Gene

    ReplyDelete