Saturday, September 4, 2010

No Reaction!

I didn't have a reaction yesterday. Woohoo! I had some minor reaction symptoms early on (tight chest, back pain), when the dose was low. But since the symptoms weren't serious, the nurse continued to administer the lower dose. After the symptoms cleared up and they fed me a yummy lunch, they switched to the regular dose and finished the treatment. What a relief! I'm so very thankful for all those who prayed for me!
My friend Jami, who was with me yesterday, was also very relieved. I think it is harder and scarier for friends and family to watch the reaction, than it is for me to experience it.
Yesterday was my last treatment of that drug. I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about another reaction, and happy to put something behind me. But part of me is a bit sad to be finished with a drug that is so effective in treating my cancer. What strange feelings!

Just a few more weeks until surgery. I asked the oncologist if they do pathology work on the breast tissue after they remove it. They do, of course! He said that there is a 20% chance that it will come back with no trace of cancer. Please pray with me that the cancer will be gone. If it is, they still continue with the remaining treatment (chemo, radiation, hormone blockers). But, it would still be fantastic news, and very encouraging, to get a cancer-free result!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Stephanie!
    We will be praying for this for sure!
    What a wonderful miracle that would be!
    Praise God for no reaction!
    Hugs to you and thank you for keeping us posted so we know specifically what to pray for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the smooth sailing with the chemo treatment !!!! And PRAYERS for a good pathology report .... Another day forward on this journey! Keeping you lifted up!

    Sara Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always praying for you...thinking of you...

    Shalom
    Sue

    ReplyDelete