Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Comforter

The last few days have been pretty miserable. My mom asked me if I struggle more with fear when I experience pain. It is just the opposite. In my hardest moments, I have the most peace. I repeatedly say, and continually find it true...God gives me just what I need to get through each day.

Sunday evening I laid in bed, pain in every ounce of my body. It was a strange tingling-nerve-ache type of pain. It is difficult to describe.
I sat there, longing for the pain to pass. Trying to be patient, knowing in a couple of days the pain will subside and only fatigue will remain.
Then I felt comforted. The pain was still there, but it was overshadowed by the presence of the Comforter.

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" ~John 14:16

I rested there, enjoying the peace and comfort found in the presence of God. I didn't want to leave. In spite of my pain, I wanted to remain there, forever. In the silence of my bedroom, God was there.

3 comments:

  1. Steph, I just have to say I love you! I am encouraged by your love for the Lord. I appreciate that He will always give us what we need when we need it. Basking in His presence is what we all long for. What a beautiful place to be....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome woman of God and an encouragement to us all. I know how hard this is, but you'll get through it...But God
    Just hang on to your God..that's all you have to do...just let go... He'll catch you. <3 Sue

    ReplyDelete