Friday, September 17, 2010

First Round of Chemo Complete!

I had my last treatment today! I made it through the first phase of chemotherapy with minimal side effects. Praise the Lord!! Today was the first day though that my blood work wasn't perfect. My white blood cell count was down, which means my immune system is weak. It's on its way back up, but I would appreciate prayers - that I won't get sick.

My pre-op appointment with the surgeon is Tuesday (9/21). Surgery will probably be the following week. They will give me approximately four weeks to recover before they start chemo again.

I've been asked if I still have my eyebrows, or if they were painted on in the pictures. I do still have eyebrows and eyelashes, although they have gotten very thin. I'm pretty sure they won't last much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment