Friday, September 3, 2010

Fear is a Liar!

My dear friend lost her baby girl 18 months ago. At the time I was amazed by her faith as she walked through the horrible nightmare of losing a child.
When I first found out I had cancer, she visited me. She told me, "Fear is a liar!" She explained that when you come face-to-face with the thing you fear the most, God's grace comes in a way you've never experienced. Fear melts away and the thing you feared is not as bad as what you anticipated.
Now, I understand! It is the most amazing thing. I've repeatedly been bathed in the goodness of God. He's given me, and my home, a peace and joy like nothing I've ever experienced.
People are always telling me they are amazed by my faith. But the truth is that it has absolutely nothing to do with me - there is nothing particularly amazing about me.
It is the outpouring of God's grace, God's goodness, God's faithfulness in my life. It is indescribable. Miraculous. Supernatural.
There are times - I can tell - when people don't believe me about my lack of fear, my joy, my peace. I'm not wearing a mask, hiding my true feelings. I'm not mustering it up in myself by having a positive attitude. It's not in my nature to do either of those things. And it isn't my faith that is getting me through this. It is the source of my faith. The living God.
I'm not saying this isn't hard. It is. My life has changed. There has been much sacrifice, and fatigue, and difficult decisions.
But my God proves Himself faithful everyday - as He continues to give me all that I need for each part of this trial.
So come glorify His name with me. He is all-powerful. He is just. He is full of compassion and mercy and love. There is no one like Him. Great is His faithfulness!!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie --
    You have such wisdom to share because of your journey. And, the help you give to all of us who read your words is immeasurable. Thank you for reminding us (me) to not let fear win! Be blessed. I will be praying that you have minimal to NO adverse side affects from your treatment today. May the Son ALWAYS shine in your life.

    Hugs and Prayers ... Sara Jones

    ReplyDelete