Very few have gotten to see.
I almost always wear a wig when I leave the house.
At home, I wear a scarf. I've been gifted the most beautiful scarves!
Even at night, I sleep with a warm hat.
Very rarely do I leave my head uncovered.
So, my dear readers, I want to give you the opportunity to see me, exposed!
My friend, Jonie, is the most amazing photographer! I knew if anyone could make my bald head look beautiful, it would be her. We spent a morning together, sharing our trials, and taking pictures. It was a windy day.
I've never had a photo shoot of just me. It felt weird. Especially under these circumstances, and without my own hair. It was an exercise in both vanity and humility.
In the pictures you will see...
- Two wigs. I bought one (with help from my dad). The other is from my friend, Kristie - a breast-cancer survivor!
- Two of my favorite scarves, ones I wear all the time at home.
- The red scarf: from Ann Jones, a local artist who expertly hand-dyes silk.
- The blue scarf: made by my cousin, Chicky (not her real name, but that's what we call her).
- Just me, with a little make-up (my apologies).