Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Want

There are things that I want.
Things I want but cannot have.
And it makes me sad.

They are good things, so the selfishness seems okay.
I see my kids, when they don't get what they want
And I feel that same childish tantrum rise up within me.

I didn't realize how often I get my way.
But not now.
Now I have to lay it down.
And learn to be content.
And learn to be thankful.

God will give me the strength that I need
To do what He wants me to do.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
~Philippians 4:12-13

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you sweet Stephanie.
    I am so blessed to know you.
    You are on my heart everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Elicia

    ReplyDelete