Friday, July 2, 2010

First Treatment

I am almost done with my first toxic injection. We arrived at the hospital at 9:00 this morning. They started the chemo around 10:30. It is now 4:00. Needless to say, it's been a long day. I had no adverse reactions. Yippee! It doesn't hurt. It is just long and exhausting. They also pump a bunch of drugs into my body to help with the side effects. They make me a bit loopy. My body aches all over. I think it is due more to stress than the treatment. It's been a tough week.

4 comments:

  1. You have been on my mind all day. The Peters family is praying for you. Love you Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Steph. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you're still feeling well. Marilyn, our neighbor is a week behind you in the treatments. We keep you in our daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers for you that you pass through your treatments with as much wellness as possible. Please understand that the medical community and the treatments are there to help you overcome the disease and that we all are cheering on your recovery. It may be helpful to your overall physical and spiritual healing if you consider them "beneficial" and not "toxic". Be well.

    ReplyDelete