Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Meeting with the Surgeon

Thank you friends for praying for me! Today was pretty scary. In fact, there were moments when I felt sheer terror. It was like a small glimpse of hell...a place I never want to visit!
Last week, all the news we received was bad. Each report was even worse than we could have possibly expected.
So today I was anticipating the worst. In light of that, today's visit was relatively good news. Praise the Lord! I needed some good news.

My lab work and chest x-rays were clean. Yay!

They did decide I need to get an MRI, just to get a better picture. I imagine that will happen in the next couple of days.
We haven't yet met with the oncologist, but the present plan of action is as follows:
14 or so weeks of chemo. Surgery. Radiation maybe. Hormone blockers and more chemo. Chemo could last up to a year.

Tomorrow I get to rest. No doctors. No tests. No results. One more day of calm before the storm.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I am glad your x-rays were clean...that means that the cancer didn't spread--is that right? It sounds like you start pretty immediately...do you know when exactly. Let me know. I'll get a meal schedule started for you. You are a courageous woman and I'm praying for you continually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Stephanie, I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I don't know why so many young women are getting this. I can tell you that as scary as it is, I have no doubt you will get through it all. Treatments are so much better now that both of my friends who have had breast cancer are fine now - one was even pregnant when she discovered it and they couldn't do anything until after she had the baby and now, 7 years later there is no sign. Still it is very scary and I really do sympathize with you. I am glad the early diagnosis is so promising and that you are surrounded by people who love you. You are a beautiful person and I am wishing you the very best and thinking of you. love, joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray the strength of God in your life and the Peace of all understanding! Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strength amazes me. One step at a time, up this hill. HE will be there for you to place your foot upon each new stone. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying...we don't know each other, but your story has reached me in Israel...and in my heart. I have had 3 cancer scares that God brought me through...so I know that fear...my prayers are with you, I will be holding up your arms...
    Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie,

    So sorry you're having to go through this, but glad that it looks better than it might have. You're in my prayers each day, and I've asked a couple of friends who are particularly focused in prayer to also pray for you.

    Love you, Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie

    this always comforts me:
    We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. for we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
    Romans 5:3-5

    love you Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Stephanie,

    You are in our hearts and prayers daily and many of our friends are also praying for you. Thank you for this blog. You've helped us to understand how to pray for you.

    "My times are in your hand...." Ps. 31:15

    Lovingly,

    Paula Wipf

    ReplyDelete