Friday, June 25, 2010

A Long Day

Today I was brave. Not really. Things just turned out to be easier than I expected. The tests in the morning were uneventful. The people administering them were very kind.
The CT Scan was pretty funky. They put this dye in my veins that felt unbelievably strange. I had a short break in between the CT Scan and the Echo. My step-dad was with me and we walked to Starbucks for some tea & coffee. It was one of those moments where everything is good; where I can just sit back and appreciate the little things that most of us take for granted.
The Echo, which turned out to be just an ultrasound of my heart, was quite interesting. Since there was (most likely) nothing wrong with my heart, I was able to show interest in the test. I think I've now seen almost every part of the inside of my body.
We had a break for lunch, then returned to the hospital for a two-and-a-half hour class on chemotherapy, now accompanied by my mom and husband. It was overwhelming, but informative. There were other cancer patients in the class. It was interesting how each one was handling their situation; one with humor, one very professional and factual, one quiet and one with obvious fear and sadness. My heart swelled with compassion.
The oncologist was waiting for me when the class ended. We walked down to his office for the tests results. This was the moment that fear started to rise up within me. But the test results were good! There doesn't appear to be anything more to worry about. No more tests! Woohoo! Praise God!

4 comments:

  1. Praise God! No more tests and good results. That is great news!
    I am so very inspired by your candidness and your faith. I pray for endurance for you and grace on your whole family through this battle back to health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I talk about you or read your posts, I get tears. At first, it was sorrow, aching. More and more though, they are tears of joy as I see the overwhelming presence of the Lord in your face. I read it in all you say, in person and via blog. God is revealing His power, very distinctly, very beautifully. I already thought you were a unique vessel, set apart unto Jesus. Now, I see, God has so much more in mind for you. I'm watching with anticipation at the beautiful work He is shaping. You are His bride. You are glowing like a bride, all while you walk through a "valley." Thank you for fighting this battle and not retreating. Thank you for standing up when the "natural" response is to sit and grumble. Thank you for yielding to the God who can do ALL things, for whom NOTHING is too hard! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Stephanie.
    I can already see how the Lord is using you for his purpose!
    While reading this, I began thinking, "Lord, who all will come to know you because Stephanie is letting you shine through this trial?"
    You may never know the seeds you plant in the other patients, the doctors, the nurses, as you lean on Him for your strength and trust Him. But He knows, and He loves you SOOOOOOOOOOO much. And so do we. Praying without ceasing for you!!!!!!!!! And praise God for no more tests and some good news! Elicia

    ReplyDelete