Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dancing

I try to stay joyful around my kids.
But who am I kidding?
They know.
They know when I am afraid. They know when I am sad.
I can see it in their faces. I can see it in their behavior.
My four-year-old knows.
And sometimes when I am sad, he crawls up on the desk.
He knows all the buttons on the stereo. He turns on the most joyful, worshipful CD.
He comes to me, grabs my hands and pulls me onto the dance floor (our living room).
We dance around joyfully, praising the Lord. For our God is worthy of praise. Always.
And my kids know that too.

2 comments:

  1. Way to make me cry Stephanie. I know exactly what you are talking about. All too well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the way that you find the joy in the journey is so encouraging...keep praising Him

    ReplyDelete